September 5, 2013

Hilton Head 2013 - The Family Reunion

So you've probably been wondering where I've been....

At the beginning of last week my dad was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He was still bound and determined to go to the family reunion on the weekend. Prayers were sent and he was released on Wednesday.  They drove from Nashville to here that evening and we left on Thursday to go to my aunt's in Columbia. On Friday we visited my grandparent's grave and placed flowers. Afterwards we headed to Hilton Head!

We had SO MUCH FUN! I can't even describe how wonderful it was to see and spend time with everyone. My dad has 7 siblings and all but one attended the reunion. Then add in all my cousins and 2nd cousins and a couple of 3rd cousins! LOL It was a BLAST!!!!

On Saturday we had a cousins day at the beach! It was just so cool to see all lined up down the beach and hanging out with each other and watching our kids play in the sand and water together.

We had pool time, family meals, park day and family worship on Sunday.  I can't wait for next year!!!!

Here are some of my favorite pics from the weekend. (At the time of writing I didn't have permission to show everyone's face.)



Reunion 011



My dad and Colin at Golden Corral.



Reunion 024 Reunion 117 Reunion 106



At the beach! Almost all of my cousins that attended the reunion were at the beach on Saturday, one of my 2nd cousins and her 2 little ones missed this trip. The kids all totaled 12.



Reunion 013



At the pool!



Reunion 070 Reunion 069



At the park. All in all, I believe we had 9 kids at the park! SO MUCH FUN!!!!





Reunion 047



At Sunset Bay Restaurant.



Reunion 015 Reunion 9003 Reunion 5014 Reunion 5001



At Hilton Garden Inn.





Reunion 9023



I think this picture says it all!! LOL We ran around alllll day long everyday and then hit the pillows HARD when we finally made it back to our room! LOL



I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend time with my wonderful, loving family!







6 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. So glad you got away and spent time with extended family. It's so rejuvenating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! It was wonderful and just what I needed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, Looks like you and family had a wonderful vacation. SO happy for you.. Proud your dad was able to go with you too.. Hope he is still improving and will be totally well soon..
    Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Judy!!!
    He seems to be doing much better now that he is actually getting some rest. I was very worried that he would end up relapsing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing your good time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)