August 30, 2012

Ancient Rome and My Little Pony

What a title. LOL  I have been planning away today! I almost have things planned out for the Cs for the first couple of weeks. Yes, I know.... I said I was thinking more along the lines of unschooling.... I find that I am not able to give up that much control yet. LOL That being said, they will have a lot of areas that will be completely led by them. Our animal studies, for example, will be based on whatever animals they are interested in at the time. ;)

SO, Ancient Rome. That will be our first history theme. Here are the books I am planning to use:



Holy Cities: Rome by Saviour Pirotta

DK Eyewitness Books: Ancient Rome



World History Encyclopedia by Parragon Publishing

History in Stone: Ancient Rome by Philip Steele



The Life of a Roman Soldier by Don Nardo

Magic Tree House Research Guide Ancient Rome and Pompeii by Mary Pope Osborne and Natalie Pope Boyce  (I will be getting "Vacation Under the Volcano" from the library)

The Time Warp Trio: See You Later Gladiator by Jon Scieszka



A Child's History of the World by Virgil M. Hillyer

Will we also be using 2 different lapbooks mixed together. One from Homeschool Share and one from Dynamic2Moms. I will be sharing all our crafts and stuff as we go along. ;)

For science I have a whole bunch of kits from The Young Scientist Club that we will be going through. The first one will be on measurements. If you are looking to buy the kits they are MUCH cheaper through Amazon than the monthly club. You get 3 kits for a little more than one kit.

For math Cailey will be using Saxon Math 3, Colin will be playing games and Joshua (J2) and Deanna will be using Khan Academy along with their text books (Saxon for D and Bob Jones (?) for J2).  They LOOOOOVE Khan Academy!! And so do I! LOL

For Biology D will be using Abeka. She LOOOOVES their science books, they are all she has used since we started homeschooling. J2 will be starting physics! YILES!!! He will be using Khan Academy and HippoCampus.

My goodness, it's gonna be a BUSY year!!! LOL

Now, for the My Little Pony! ;)

Cailey has a skort that she LOOOVES but it has gotten entirely too short for her. She was getting tired of having to wear it with leggings so I decided to fix that for her. I had a small remnant of My Little Pony fabric that I pick up for next to nothing so I made a big ruffle out of it and attached it to the bottom of the skort! All fixed! :) She loves it! YAY!!!



I am sloooooowly making progress on the McCall's M6553. SIGH.... I wish I would hurry up already! LOL

I want to thank everyone that commented yesterday. THANK YOU!!!!! You all are AMAZING!!! :) THANK YOU, again!!! I have the best readers ever! ;)

OOH!!!! I have WONDERFUL news!!! A friend of mine will be starting a Bags of Hope and Love <3 with her congregation!!! YAY!!! Isn't that GRRRRRREAT!!!! Let's just keep spreading the hope and love as far and wide as we can!!! Let's see how many kids we can reach!! WOOO HOOOO!!!






Linking up at http://littleschoolhouseinthesuburbs.com

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the skirt. Lexi has a couple I need to do that with. May have to call ya and have walk me through it haha!!! Your doing an amazing job with this blog. I love to read everything you post and can't wait for more!!! Big hugs!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, Tina!!!!!! LOOOOOVE YOU!!!! You go ahead and call even if you don't need to! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt!! Yikes on all the planning, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)