April 22, 2013

6 People, 3 Cats, 10 Kittens and a Dog













SHEW!! We made it to Tennessee... 6 people, 3 cats, 10 kittens and a dog... Sounds like the start of a joke! Well, we are talking about MY life so joke fits!! LOL

Seriously, 2 days, 400+ miles all while crammed into a van, it's a wonder ANY of us are still sane!!!

BUT we're not done!!! LOL Ooooh, noooo!!!!

We stopped over night in Columbia on Friday and got to see my aunt and uncle. We stayed in one hotel room for all 6 of us (plus animals). We slept 3 to a bed. YILES!!!!

BUT wait, we're not done yet!!!!!

Saturday night we stayed at a hotel with adjoining rooms. MUCH MUCH MUCH better!

BUT!!!!

Tonight (Sunday night) we are staying at an extended stay hotel. It's nice enough. It has a kitchenette...

BUT!!!!!

The owner of the company ordered the rooms online. They are NOT adjoining!! They aren't even on the SAME FLOOR!!!!! YILES!!!!

AND there are only 2 TWIN beds to a room....

We were promised that as soon as 2 rooms beside each open up then we will be moved. As of now we have to split everyone up.

MY GOODNESS!!!!

AND there is no hope of bigger beds. They only have TWIN beds!!!

We are here until we find a house! SIGH.....



HELP!!!!!



Pray for me, people!! I am going to need it!!!

Pray that we find a house QUICKLY!!!!!



At least I ought to have plenty of material for next month's Fly on the Wall!!!  LOL





18 comments:

  1. Oh My!! I hope you don't get so desperate to get out of your temporary housing, that you choose the wrong house!! My brother did that, and had to live there a year (thank goodness they just signed a year's lease.) Hope y'all really love your new location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, Michele!!!!! I will definitely keep that in mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying the house He has planned for your family pops right up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so sympathize with you. Having moved our family and pets around so many times I know what it is like. Your cartoon up there reminds me of not only my family but growing up as one of 8 kids and one time only having a car as big as that. We pulled up in front of church and they thought we were going around and coming back in the other door because there "was no way all those people could fit into that DKW!

    I do hope the right house opens up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!!
    Thank you, Peggie!!!!
    We had a Taurus once.... It sat 6 but it was TIGHT!!!
    (It was before we had Colin.) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha, I like the way you think. You'll probably have your May Fly on the Wall written by the end of the day today.

    Even though the living situation isn't exactly what you'd want. I'm so glad that whole car ride is over and you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you guys made it and you got to see Mom and Dad! I hope you can find the perfect house and quickly!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Karen!!
    It is a definite relief to not be in that van anymore!!! YILES!! There would have been blood shed if it had lasted much longer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!! I love you, too!!!!
    I was SOOOO glad to see her! It had been WAY WAY WAY too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you made it safely. You will share this over and over thru the years. My late husband and I moved our 3 week old, dog, ourselves and all the household we could fit in a 1969 Chev. wagon. From Phoenix, Arizona to Murfreesboro, TN. in 3 days in1971 It still is told on holidays. Your house is just waiting. God is really in the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS, Regena!!!
    WOW!! That was some move!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should write a book...seriously. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ROFLOL! Who knows... Maybe one day I will! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stacy.. proud you all made it to your new destination.. I am sending prayers that you find a house real,real soon.. and praying you survive the hotel living...eeeh.... I am really feeling for you.. Hope you get rooms together real soon. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much, Judy!!! We really need those prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless your heart! I'm sure one of these days this is something you'll look back and giggle about - but probably not right now, huh?! Praying that you find something quickly & that it is a good fit for you guys! ((Hugs)) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Heather!!!!
    Yeah, I am sure we will be laughing about this A LOT in the future! LOL We are trying to laugh about it some now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)