March 16, 2015

Celebrate Women's History Month - Part 6



Welcome to Part 6 of my month long series for Women's History Month!
Each week I have been putting together 2 posts spotlighting resources to learn about extraordinary women! 

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 


Liliuokalani - Last Queen of Hawaii

Eleanor Roosevelt - First Lady

Wilma Mankiller - First Female Chief of the Cherokee Nation

Sojourner Truth - Abolitionist and Women's Rights Activist 


Liliuokalani 

Books -

LiliUokalani 

Danger Marches to the Palace: Queen Lili'Uokalani 

The Last Hawaiian Queen 

Lilioukalani: Young Hawaiian Queen 

Hawaii's Story by Hawaii's Queen Liliuokalani 
Read for free HERE

The Betrayal of Liliuokalani:Last Queen of Hawaii 1838-1917 


Links -

History.com 

Britannica.com 

Biography.com 

PBS.org 

YouTube 



Eleanor Roosevelt

Books -

Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt? 

Time for Kids: Eleanor Roosevelt: First Lady of the World 

Eleanor Roosevelt: Life of Discovery 

Eleanor Roosevelt: Fighter for Social Justice 

DK Biography: Eleanor Roosevelt 


Links -

Biography.com 

FirstLadies.org 

FDRLibrary 

PBS.org 

YouTube 


Printables

Education.com 

Homeschooling.About.com 

Garden of Praise 



Wilma Mankiller

Books

Wilma Mankiller: Principal Chief of the Cherokees 

Wilma Mankiller: Chief of the Cherokee Nation 

Wilma Mankiller (First Biographies) 

Wilma Mankiller (Great Women in History) 

Mankiller: A Chief and Her People 


Links -

Biography.com 

WilmaMankiller.com 

MyHero.com 

Wikipedia.org 


Printable -

DoOneThing.org 



Sojourner Truth

Books -

The Narrative of Sojourner Truth 

My Name Is Truth: The Life of Sojourner Truth 

Sojourner Truth: Ain't I a Woman? 

A Picture Book of Sojourner Truth 

Sojourner Truth 


Links -

Biography.com 

History.com 

PBS.org 

SojournerTruth.org 

WomensHistory.About.com 


Printables -

Garden of Praise

Crayola.com 

Education.com 

DoOneThing.org




HAVE FUN LEARNING ABOUT AMAZING WOMEN!!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Either I'm getting worse at this or my memory is just failing me, but I'm 50/50 on this one. Oh well, all the more fun, I'm heading out to learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slightly less than 50/50 but I am loving this series of posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah!!!
      I am having a great time putting them together and learning more about the amazing women.

      Delete
  3. I need to brush up on my general knowledge. I only "know" the former first lady.
    Is there a way we could hold a video conference during your home school lessons?

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)