December 2, 2014

Christmas Coasters Tutorial



I am SOOOOO behind on my Christmas sewing!! ARGH!!!!! I have so many things that I need to make!! I need a longer day, people. 

After I dragged out my Christmas decorations I realized that I realllllly needed something for people to put their drinks on, water rings make me crazy. So I decided to whip up a couple of coasters and then I decided to add a mug rug. 

This is so fast. I mean SUPER fast. Like 10 minutes for a few of them fast. 

You can even use up scraps! Perfect!!!



These are the fabrics that I used for the coasters. 


STEP 1 


Find something round in the size that you would like and cut circles from all the fabrics. 


STEP 2


Layer the fabrics together and pin. You want the right sides facing out.


STEP 3 


Zigzag stitch allllll around and run a couple of lines of straight stitches down the center.

Press it and you're all done!!!






The mug rug I made was just like THIS ONE, only I didn't add any trim. The fabric was busy enough. ;)


The back of the mug rug was done in the pretty poinsettia fabric. 


HAVE FUN CHRISTMAS SEWING!!!!!





6 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of the way you whip up these projects. These are not only useful but so festive as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
      I think I will be making a ton of them! I'll need them for different seasons! LOL

      Delete
  2. Those would be good for any occasion with the use of different fabrics...and since I'll have a sewing machine again soon, I can whip some up that will match my living room decor! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Can't wait until you have a machine again!!!

      I was thinking the same thing. I need to make a bunch up for all occasions!

      Delete
  3. Really cute! And I LOVE the Downton Abbey mug pictured too. Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!
      I got the mugs at World Market last weekend. They had a different one each day, Friday - Sunday, for the first 100 people through the door.

      Delete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)