December 19, 2014

Fly on the Wall - December 2014



Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.


Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:






******************************************

Deanna - For some reason she can't say shopping cart. It always comes out at sharping cot.

******************************************

Deanna - Apparently she had her shirt on backwards after getting out of the shower. She was quite put out when Cailey told her.


******************************************

Deanna and Colin having a conversation about elves:

Colin - Do elves just work and work and work??

Deanna - Well, no. I guess they work in shifts so they can go home to their families.

Colin - Elves can get pregnant?!?!?!?


******************************************

I was telling the kids about Elf on the Shelf.

Cailey - Why would we want that??? That's creepy!! I don't want some elf spying on me and making messes!!! Why would I want that????


******************************************


Cailey - What are kindness elves??

Me - Sort of like Elf on the Shelf but instead of getting into mischief they help you do nice things for others.

Cailey - What kinds of things?

Me - Well, they might ask you to bake cookies for friends and neighbors or donate toys to kids that don't have very many. 

Cailey - Well, we have you for that. You do that stuff all the time.

******************************************

Colin - Do you know what your poop smells like?

Deanna - Well, do YOU know what YOUR poop smells like?

Colin - NO, Deanna! I don't just go around smelling my poop! What do you take me for?


******************************************

So, we were changing our Christmas tree from the old stand to the new stand. The reason for this was that we thought there must have been a hole in it since the presents were wet and the tree was dying.

I went to pull the old stand out so the guys would have more room and I turned it sideways.

The old stand did NOT have a hole in it. It still had water in it which then went alllll over the floor and The Hubby.....


******************************************

I was trying to read something on my laptop and couldn't figure out why it was so blurry.

My reading glasses were on top of my head..... Yeah.........


******************************************

I can't remember exactly how the conversation started but I know it went something like this.....

I was talking about all the weird illnesses that go around schools (my oldest 3 went to public school for a while).

Joshua says - Oh, yeah.. What about this weird red mark on the back of my neck?

Me - That's called a stork bite and it's been there since you were born.

Joshua - WHAT????? What is that??? I was just joking!! Why haven't I heard of that until now?????


******************************************

Deanna was rubbing The Hubby's feet for him after a hard day.....

Deanna - I think you have a bloody booger on your toe.

The Hubby - WHAT??? That's General's Chicken! I kicked the box.

Deanna - Oh, thank goodness. I accidentally touched it.

I laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe.


******************************************


Deanna - So, what did you ask Santa for?

Colin - A Creeper. A MINECRAFT Creeper, not a weird guy that sneaks around.


******************************************



Deanna bought Cloud a sweater. I don't think she likes it... What do you think??


******************************************

Deanna - OMG!! Cailey's toy possum looks just like Nick Jonas!!!


******************************************

Sooo, we think our van might be possessed. Sometimes the windshield wipers come on by themselves. With the van off. While I am standing out side of it. Holding the keys. Yeah..... 

******************************************




So I made this the other day -





That's what I used. 


 This is what happens if the bags aren't full.... Just trying to keep it real. LOL 

I got the idea from Karen at Baking in a Tornado. She made these lovely Holiday Trees. I wish I had stuck to her idea! LOL  It was FABULOUS!!! Mine, not so much. ;)

CHECK OUT ALL THE OTHER POSTS!! You don't want to miss out!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!


26 comments:

  1. Your kids are so funny! I love the poop conversation. Maybe that's because I'm left in a house full of boys.
    The candy trees are adorable. I bet they taste delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls and I are definitely out numbered here... LOL

      THANK YOU!!! The kids loved them and that's what counts the most! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, your kids are too funny! I have to say that you nailed those trees! They're edible right? That's all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! Yes, they are edible. C&C loved them and ate them all up. LOL

      Delete
  3. So glad Colin isn't going to ask Santa for a weird guy who creeps around. Wait . . . that sorta IS Santa!
    I love your edible trees, they came out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLOL!!!! That's TOO TRUE!!!!! LOL I wonder if I should mention that to him... Naw, better not!!

      THANK YOU!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I <3 your family.
    Poor cloud... I love his protest. If I just stay frozen, maybe they will take it off. For all the indifference cats give, they need a good sweater every now and again to balance it all out.
    Bloody toe boogers, non stalker creepers and the stork bite... Love your Fly on the Wall and your trees.
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and nothing but the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg!!!

      Merry Christmas to you, too!!!! :D

      Delete
  5. Loved the poop story and the other dialogues. I don't think the cat needs the sweater -- he looks annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! So true!!!! Deanna should probably sleep with one eye open!!!

      Delete
  6. OMG I HATE HATE HATE my van!! Absolutely HATE IT. I wish it were possessed so I could exercise the damn thing. I love your family.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Even though it's possessed and 17 years old, I love it. I have to love it. I'm scared not to.....

      Delete
  7. ROTFL a bloody booger, creeper, pregnant elves! Oh gosh I love your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn!!!! They definitely keep things interesting! LOL

      Delete
  8. Elves can get pregnant!? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia!!!
      There's just no telling what he'll say next! LOL

      Delete
  9. Now I'm wondering exactly what idea Colin has about each new generation of elves...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the Elf references---especially about getting pregnant---that's a new one for me when it comes to Elf On The Shelf, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! This had me cracking up. Poor Cloud ;)

    So...what I learned is that you are a kindness elf-no surprise there. As a kindness elf can you verify if an elf can indeed get pregnant?

    And I think I need to see a pic of this toy possum that looks like Nick Jonas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! THANK YOU!!!

      I meant to take a picture of the possum and completely forgot!!!

      Delete
  12. laughing so hard right now...the poop smelling one and the bloody booger...OMG! Or the elves can get pregnant one....OMG...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!
      You just never know what's going to come out of their mouths next... LOL

      Delete
  13. You are definitely the kindness elf around here! Awesome observation skills, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)