July 24, 2013

What I've Been Reading

000000_owl cute vintage image graphicsfairy004c2



Clip art courtesy of  The Graphics Fairy



Yesterday I told you how we are down to one computer. That's left  A LOT of down time for me... I SHOULD be sewing or planning the next school year but I've been reading instead. LOL We now have the best library system that I have EVER seen, and I have seen a lot. I am taking full advantage of it and reading books that have been on my wish list for a very long time. Well, I've also found a couple of new books that I didn't know about.

Here's a list of the books that I have read in the past week.



NOS4A2

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

WOW!! If there was ever any doubt that Joe Hill was Stephen King's son, it would be gone before the end of this book! I compared it to a mix of It and Christine but I think I would also mix in 'Salem's Lot. Major creep fest!!!







His Majesty's Hope

His Majesty's Hope (Maggie Hope, Bk 3) by Susan Elia MacNeal 



This is the 3rd in the series (the 4th isn't out yet BOOO).  If you like history and mysteries, then this series if for you! It is SOOOOO addictive! Set in WWII, Maggie Hope must solve some serious mysteries while protecting the British empire.





The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)

The Body at the Tower (The Agency, Bk 2) by Y. S. Lee



Another historical mystery and another female lead. This one is set in the Victorian Era and is NOT your average YA novel. LOVE this series!!!!







Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, Bk 2) by Kiersten White



This is the 2nd in a YA paranormal series. It's not your typical YA. It's very funny and suspenseful!!! Very intelligent. A lot of YA authors dumb their books down. I think that is a HUGE disservice and LOVE it when a YA author passes on the dumbing down.





Glory in Death (In Death, #2)

Glory in Death (In Death, Bk 2) by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)



This is the 2nd In Death book written by Nora Roberts as J. D. Robb. In the 1st book you are introduced to Eve Dallas in the year 2058. Eve is a tough as nails police detective with a heart of gold and a haunting past. Not to mention the flaming hot Rourke!!! ;)







The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)

The Diviners by Libba Bray

This is a book that I found by accident. LOL I LOVED Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle series so when I saw this sitting on the library shelf I grabbed it right up!!!  I'm only about 100 pages in but I am already CREEPED completely OUT!!! LOL  I can't wait to see where it goes.



After that I have a LONG list just sitting and waiting. The hardest part is figuring out which one to read next! LOL





I seem to have lost some of my creativity lately. Not sure what is going on. I need some inspiration, people!!!!! LOL









4 comments:

  1. I am using your list after my next surgery! I have been reading the Game of Thrones books. I'm really enjoying them andI'm on book four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS for the surgery!!! My goodness, lady!!! You are having way too many of those!!!! I'll be praying for you!!!!

    OH!! I have heard great things about that series but I know too much from people telling about the show. LOL I know too much of what happens and would probably end up getting mad and throwing the book across the room! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about losing inspiration! I haven't sewn a stitch in weeks! I had my TV service disconnected about two months ago and have read, read, read. Sometimes we need to switch gears and do something different. The old fire will return when it is time. Love you ,Regena

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGS, Regena!!!!!
    We went a few years without it and I loved it!!! LOL The kids made do with DVDs and Netflix. But then The Hubby begged to get it back so we did.
    Love you, too!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)