August 23, 2013

Fly on the Wall - August - Homeschool Edition

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 15 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.




Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:



http://BakingInATornado.com                                     Baking In A Tornado  - The Queen of all things bloggy and the mastermind behind Fly on                                                                                                                                                      the Wall AND the Secret Subject Swap!!

http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                                Just a Little Nutty

http://followmehome.shellybean.com                          Follow me home . . .

http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/             Stacy Sews and Schools

http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                              The Sadder But Wiser Girl

http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/                   Menopausal Mother

http://mooreorganizedmayhem.blogspot.com/           Moore Organized Mayhem

http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/                           The Insomniac’s Dream

http://themomisodes.com/                                      The Momisodes

http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                      Spatulas on Parade

http://dates2diapers2.blogspot.com                          Dates 2 Diapers

http://sorrykidblog.com/                                  Sorry kid, Your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others

http://www.therowdybaker.com                                The Rowdy Baker

http://www.trashyblog.com                                       Trashy Blog

http://www.barbara1923.com/                                    Barbara & 1923











Sooooo.... I usually try to keep a running list of all the kooky, crazy, nutty stuff my family says during the month. Ummm... Well.... This time I forgot. Yep. I kept telling everyone to remind me to write the stuff down. You think they forgot on purpose??? Naw.... Surely not!

Anyway, since I have no list and I have the memory of a gnat, I decided to go with what has been on my mind all month. HOMESCHOOLING!!! We started back on Monday (read about it)! SO much work goes into getting everything ready for the new school year. YILES!!!! Here I can show you some of the fruits of my labor.



I am MUCH more hands on when it comes to the youngest 2 kids. They have never been to public school and like to do things as hands on as possible. The older kids have always wanted me to throw them a book and leave them alone. HAH! THAT doesn't happen very often. ;) Well, I might throw them a book but it's a living book and NOT a text. BLECK!!!!

ANYWAY!! Here are a few things that the younger kids have this week.



Rocks 006 Rocks 008 Rocks and Minerals 005 rocks and minerals 007





In these pics, C&C are doing more experiments on rocks (click for the unit study) using our Young Scientist Club kit #7. In the top pics they are testing whether or not the rocks are magnetic. In the bottom 2 pics they are doing hardness tests.







Collage Israel





Israel Study010



In the next pics, we are doing our Israel study.  C&C made the Israeli flag out of construction paper in the top pic. The bottom is a picture of our Little Passports Israel package. They love those SOOOOO much!!! After reading and doing the activities (and trying to catch a flying dreidel), they signed on to their account and did the activities there.





Collage Bears



We've also been doing our bear study this week. Cailey made hers a bear family while Colin made his scary!! LOL





Collage Mosaics



Making mosaics was another activity in the Marco Polo for Kids book. We tried making mosaics last year for Ancient Greece and they did NOT enjoy it. This time I decided to go for something easier and had them color pictures instead!

For our Marco Polo unit click HERE.



We have read a TON of books this week! SHEW!!!!!

SUCH a busy first week but so much FUN!!!!!



If you want to see the other pics from this week click HERE!!!!!





Now, don't forget to check out the wonderful, marvelous bloggers that are participating this month!!! I promise you won't regret it. They are FAR more entertaining that I am! LOL ;)



25 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Word. That's a lot of work! I toyed with the idea with my youngest, but I'm pretty sure one of us wouldn't have come out of the experience alive. I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Lorinda! I used to think the very same thing but it really works well for us... Most days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for home schooling! It takes a special mom and a LOT of patience to do it. I am in awe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW! Thank you SO much!!!! I have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is absolutely no way I could home school. Kudos to you for doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've so many homeschooling friends and sometimes I think I should do it.
    Then I have Girl Scouts once a week with a dozen girls and I think maybe that's enough. HA!
    I do love seeing how parents homeschool. It looks exhausting but what a neat experience for all. Well done mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sarah!
    I absolutely love it... Most of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!!!!
    We have been thinking about Girl Scouts and me possibly leading a troop... Still not sure about that one.. LOL It sounds like fun but..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to Israel so it was fun to see your Israel materials.

    And I just love the mosaic pics. So pretty. Those would be framed and on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Karen!!!!!
    I was wanting to ask you, is it too early to do a horn for Rosh Hashanah?? I was thinking about making some with paper mache next week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an amazing mama!
    I wish I possessed your talent to educate.
    Makes me want to join the classroom. You guys are having the best time!
    Love peeking into your busy home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWW!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! My cheeks are pink. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a Saint. A Patron Saint. Because hell no. I spend all summer and every weekend waiting to send mine back to school. Sometimes even in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ROFLOL!!! I can remember feeling that way when the older 3 were in public school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved our homeschool days and miss them. My kids are grown and gone. I enjoyed a peek into your days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They forgot on purpose Stacy. I am sure they didn't want you writing any embarassing things about them *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure they forgot on purpose Stacy.They didn't want you writing any embarassing things about them I bet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!
    But you have the memories of those days to treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol!! I'm sure of it!!! I need to hide this one!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am absolutely coming your way this year, girl. Jonah is doing an online program, but it's already killin' me! I even taught 3rd grade for a year at public school. I'm lost. Promise me I'll have time to figure it out AND still be able to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You definitely will!!! It just takes a little time to get into a groove and then it's smooth sailing!!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want to come to your school. ;-) Rocks, ,mosaics, BEARS? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)