October 28, 2013

Costume Preview

Halloween Costumes 2013

So here is a little preview of Cailey and Colin's Halloween costumes. I didn't do them up like we will on Halloween but I did want to show how they look so far. We will go full make-up and hair on Thursday. I can't wait!!! :D



BUT we are hitting cold season here at the house. My oldest, Jacob has a really terrible cold and now 2 of the other kids are getting sore throats! NOOOOO!!! Cailey and Colin missed Halloween last year because they were both sick!! We don't want a repeat!



In case you are wondering exactly what Cailey is this year, here is a picture of a Jinafire Long doll.



Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll





I used a pattern for the main dress but put quite a bit of my own twists on it. I matched the fabric up as best as I could. All in all, I am very proud of it.

Underneath the dress is a 2 piece gold lame outfit, made to look like Jinafire's scales. Hopefully it will also help to keep Cailey warm.



Colin's was a bit easier. I drafted a pattern for the pirate shirt and used eyelets for the first time. MUCH easier than I thought it would be.







HAVE FUN TRICK OR TREATING!!!





5 comments:

  1. Adorable.. Both of them... Can't wait to see them made up..
    Praying the sick kids will be better soon...and that these 2 won't catch it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy!!
    It's too late for Colin. He has a terrible sore throat this morning. WAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now Cailey is sick, too. She just came downstairs holding her throat.

    SIGH....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom who's so talented. I've been known to sew pockets closed . . . when actually trying to hem a pair of pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Thank you, Karen!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!!!

    I once put the sleeve in where the neck goes.... LOL

    And once again, THANK YOU!! I needed the laugh!!! The plague is running rampant through the house.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)