December 20, 2013

Easy Hands On Number Activities

Easy Number Activities

I bought a bag of foam pieces from the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago. We've been having some fun crafting with them, too bad someone threw those crafts away!!! ARGH!!!! Anyway, I was trying to think of some ways to improve Colin's grasp of numbers higher than 20. So, I dug out those foam pieces and started writing the numbers 0-50 on them.

Easy Number Activities 004

Then I had him put them in order. Easy peasy!!! Cheap and fun, too!

Easy Number Activities 008

Then I had an idea of another activity he could do with those pieces! Count out beans!! Now he can see how many the different numbers represent as well as their placement in line.

Not bad for $1!

I have found that there are a lot of things out there for numbers 1-10 and a few for 1-20 but not many for any of the higher numbers. I will be trying to think of some more ideas! Wish me luck! ;)




4 comments:

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)