May 5, 2015

May Flowers Wreath DIY


I was in desperate need for something for my front door after Easter. I wanted something that I could use for a while and not have to worry about it. 
Finally I got this idea in my head about using an old watering can and flowers! 
Off I went to the craft stores to see what I could find. 


I hit the jackpot at Michael's. They had just what I wanted!

What I Used 

1 foam wreath thing
1 silver watering can/pitcher
1 spool of green ribbon
1 spool of burlap
Leftover green felt ribbon
3 flowers
Hot glue gun


Step 1


Start wrapping the burlap around the foam wreath form. Make sure to overlap it so you can't see through the burlap.


Step 2 


Hot glue the end in place.


Step 3


Loop the ribbon through the handle of the watering can/pitcher and hot glue in place.

Cut a piece of ribbon and make a loop. Hot glue it to the back of the wreath.


Step 4


You should probably do this step before the last step but I didn't know I was going to add the green felt ribbon until I was done. ;) It just didn't look finished so I sent a pic to Eileen from Eileen's Perpetually Busy and asked her what she thought.
She suggested adding the green ribbon. She was so right! It makes a big difference.
Anyway, just wrap the green ribbon around, making sure to hot glue in place. 


Step 5


Add the flowers and you are DONE!!!!!

A simple but elegant addition to your front door! :D One that you can use all spring AND summer if you want! 

HAVE FUN CRAFTING!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea using the watering can and flowers, I love how this came out.
    And don't get me started on Michael's, I could get lost in there for hours.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)