January 19, 2013

How We Do State Studies



I have to admit that our state studies have sort of fallen by the wayside since our big move. Shame on me... But I plan on getting back into them. Really! LOL Anyway, I thought I would share how we do our state studies.

Books -



Kids Learn America


Don't Know Much About the 50 States

Yo, Sacramento! (And All Those Other State Capitals You Don't Know)

Yo, Sacramento! (And all those other State Capitals you don't know)

Workbooks -

Sticker Atlas of The United States

Sticker Atlas of the United States

Let's Grow Smart! (United States 2 Workbook with Reward Stickers!, Grade 1-2)

United States 2 - Workbook with Reward Stickers

Printables -



The Fifty States Copywork & Fun

Alabama coloring page

States Coloring Pages from Crayola FREE

United States Geography Resources from Homeschool Share  FREE

More FREE Resources -

50 States Notebooking Squidoo Lens

50States.com

United States Worksheets from School Express

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sNUDDaEOvuY

Wakko's 50 State Capitols Song

Here is a WHOLE bunch of 50 States videos from YouTube!

Here is a list of Kindle books about the 50 States. Keep checking back because I got a few of them for free.

Next week I will be sharing our president studies as well as Aztecs, Incas and Mayans, and England!

I am also working on my boy look for week 3 of Project Run & Play. I am doing a lot of new to me things..... YILES!!!!!!! I should have the look up by Sunday and hopefully the tutorial up by Tuesday.





6 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic list of resources for state studies. I am pinning this to my State Studies Pinterest Board. Thank you for linking up to the brand new Hearts for Home Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! We are doing a states study with MFW this year.

    Thank you for linking up to the Hearts for Home Blog Hop! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!!!!! So glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great resources. I don't know if you saw or not, but I am in the middle of launching printable packs (30 pages each) for all 50 states! (http://www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/From%20Sea%20to%20Shinning%20Sea) Just thought you might like an additional resource =-)

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I look forward to seeing you again next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!! I am heading over to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)