April 20, 2013

Flight / Aviation Unit Study



This was an interesting unit to put together. There really wasn't a lot of printables that I could find. I am thinking of making my own when we do this theme. If I do, I will put them on Google Docs and share them with you. ;) It has been quite a while since I made my own notebooking pages and minibooks! LOL

I hope that what I did find will be useful to you! :)

As with all my units, I try to incorporate resources for a variety of ages!

Everything is either free or cheap! ;) The books can be found at your local library or on Amazon.





SCIENCE KITS



Magic School Bus - Soaring into Flight - Amazon - $13.79

Young Scientist Kit - Flight - $16.77

I have used kits from both sets. I like them both but prefer the Magic School Bus kits. You get more for your money with them.

The Young Scientist sets have 3 different subjects to a kit if you order them from Amazon. I used to belong to the monthly club until I figured out it was MUCH cheaper to buy them from Amazon. ;)







BOOKS







































































































KINDLE BOOKS























































PRINTABLES



Airplane Parts Printable

Airplane Printables and Activities

Airplane Parts Cards

Printable Airplane Craft - Learn Create Love

Airplane Coloring Pages - Raising Our Kids

Flight Lapbook - Homeschool Share

Flight Activities and Printables 

Flight Activities, Lesson Plans and Printables

Flight Worksheets

Flight Lesson Plans

Airplane Parts Worksheet

Flight Printables - HS Launch

Leonardo da Vinci: Flight Mini Unit Study - Currclick - $1.50

The Wright Brothers & The History of Aviation Unit Study - Currclick -  $3.50

Airplanes Lapbook - Hands of a Child - $9

Flying the Skies Lapbook - Hands of a Child - $5





ONLINE RESOURCES



Crossing the Atlantic by Air

How Airplanes Work

Airplane Cockpit Virtual Field Trips

Flying Machines

Flight

Flight Aerodynamics Video

Aerodynamics Info

Flight - Science Kids at Home

Flight and Airplanes - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling

Aviation for Kids

Fun Paper Airplanes

Aviation Lesson Plans, Activities and Ideas

How Things Fly

Stories of the Wrights' Flights 

Aviation Activities 

Flight - Cyber Sleuth Kids

Aviation Unit Study - Easy Fun School

History and Forces of Flight - Squidoo





http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5ltjFEei3AI







I hope you find this helpful.







4 comments:

  1. This is a marvelous collection. I really hope you'll consider sharing this post at Look What We Did, a month long link up at HammockTracks. I think the readers would really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I would love to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even without a lot of printables, you still collected a lot of great resources.

    (And I still have that Value Tales book from when I was a kid).

    Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    I loved those books as a kid and I was lucky enough to pick up quite a few of them at a library sale a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)