September 29, 2013

DIY Burlap and Cardboard Initial

Burlap and Cardboard Initial





Here it is, my burlap and cardboard initial for our front door. It was very easy to make (other than the blisters on my fingers from the hot glue gun) and the decorations on the letter can be changed with the season.





What I Did -



I cut 3 letter Bs out of cardboard and hot glued them together to make them thicker and sturdier.

Next, I cut out 2 pieces of burlap using the letter B as a guide.  I made them large enough to overlap on the edges.

Then I cut out pieces from a Halloween print and hot glued velcro to the backs.

I made bow and glued velcro to it as well.

Then I hot glued the burlap to the letter, overlapping it.

Lastly, I used some black, shiny rickrack to tie to our front door!



It was very quick and easy! :D



I wanted something that I could change with the seasons/holidays without having to keep recreating it. ;)





Let me know if the directions are clear or not.





HAVE FUN CRAFTING!!!!





6 comments:

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)