June 12, 2012

Blog Star: Hi, I'm Stacy!

So since I am very new to the bloggy world I thought I would link up to



Mrs. Monologues

and introduce myself a bit.

I am Stacy. I am a homeschooling mom to 5 kids! J1 is 18, J2 is 16, D is 15, C1 is 8 and C2 is 5.  As if that's not enough to keep me busy we also have 2 cats, Bonnie and Pammy, 2 goats, Butch and Sundance and about 30 rabbits.... I won't list all of them. ;)

I just got a sewing machine in March for my 38th (GRINGE) Bday and have been having a BLAST ever since! I love sewing!!! Why didn't I start years ago???? Well..... there was The Hubby who was convinced I would sew my fingers together (if you knew me in real life you would know this was a valid fear) and I actually almost did sew them together.... I sorta sewed ONE finger... No big deal, right??? There's just a little scar. Don't tell him but I almost did it again today... Scared me to death!! Thankfully it only left a little dent this time. ;)

I was born in WV. Yep! I'm a mountain girl!! But I have lived in Indiana, Tennessee, South Carolina and here in Virginia. I went to 11 different schools growing up and that doesn't count bouncing back and forth between the same schools. Nope, not a military brat... Maybe just a bit of gypsy blood or a bit of an adventurer.

I am a bookaholic. I have more books than I know what to do with. They are taking over my house but I haven't been able to part with any of them that I haven't read yet! Actually, there are quite a few that I HAVE read and haven't been able to part with, too! LOL Yep, no 12 step program for me!

I am now a fabric junkie. I can't walk into any store without thinking of a way to walk out with something I can use to sew with. LOL Sheets? Sure! Pillow cases? Those, too! ANYTHING, really..... If it's a sickness I don't want to get better!!

So this is me -





I HATE pictures of myself............

This is The Hubby



He's not too fond of pics, either... LOL

Here's a pic of the Js, D and C1. Hee hee hee! They are just gonna LOVE this. ;))



Clockwise from bottom right we have C1, J1, D and J2.

And here is C2-



I want to write about sewing, homeschooling and the craziness that is my life. Lately I seem to be more focused on the sewing with a sidestep toward craziness every once in a while....

I hope you enjoy my blog!





6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I can't stop laughing because I for real almost did sew my fingers together when Husband bought me a sewing machine. It was not pretty and my kids learned a few new words that day. The sewing machine now lives in the garage where I glare at it everytime I walk past. I hope it feel guilty. It totally should.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL!! So sorry!!!! I smacked mine around a couple of times and now it hates me... I think it's possessed.... But I'm determined to show it I'm the boss! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you love books. I love them wayyy to much.

    I have a sewing machine still in the box. I want to learn how to sew. Hopefully I'll learn somethings from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you decided to link-up. You are one strong woman to home school all of those kids. You rock. Also that picture of your husband is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! Another bookaholic!!! :)) Have you seen Paperbackswap.com???? If not, check it out! It's a bookaholic's heaven! ;)
    Sewing came easy for me, I hope it does for you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!
    The Hubby is sort of like the neighbor on Home Improvement. You can never get his whole face in a pic.... LOL

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)