July 2, 2012

Retro Butterick '47 Is DONE!!!!

YAY!! It's all done! :) Well, I think I need to add a couple of snaps above the zipper, but other than that, IT'S DONE! :)



As you can see, there's a bit of a gap over on my left side where the zipper is located. I'll just add a couple of snaps there above the zipper and it'll be just right! :)

Apparently this is pattern is very flattering for my body type. As soon as I came downstairs d said, "Ooh! It makes you look thinner!" I may need to make 10 or 100 more from this pattern. ;)

Check out those shoes!! Those are the pair that I got FREE from Sears for using my reward points!! YAY!!

Here's a back view of the Retro Butterick '47 B5209



The dress is a little bunchy in the back but that's due to me being so short-waisted! LOL

So, there's another vintage/retro pattern to mark as done! YAY!

Next up will be my purse. And if things go well I'll be posting a tutorial for that tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)

Here are the fabrics I'll be using.



I had a lovely navy blue that I wanted to use but it picked up SOOOOO much lint that I decided not to use it! The blue here is what is left over from the What a Hoot skirt and the gold and cream is what I won from Handmade by Hilani. I'm a little nervous about this... I have never made a purse before and I don't think it will be as simple as d's bag.... But I'm gonna try! ;)

I think after the purse and tops for me I will make some play clothes for the cs. I'll be sure to post tutorials when I do!





10 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much!!! I think it may end up being a favorite! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it soooo much. Polka dots, red and vintage. All three of my favourite boxes ticked!! Great job Stacy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern and the fabric is my favorite.. Wowl...you finished this soooooooooo fast.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SOOOO much, Judy!!! You are so nice!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this dress and it does look amazing on, I like the style.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)