June 6, 2012

BLAH!!!!!!!

I am having a BLAAAAAHHHHHH day. All I really want to do is curl up and take a nap! LOL That sounds sooooo nice.

I started on the McCall's M6544 for c1 today. I just LOVE gingham, especially yellow gingham!!! :) The pattern is very simple and easy to follow. Oh, well... I guess that's why there's a big, red EASY on the front of the pattern!! LOL

I also worked out what fabrics I am going to use for the next couple of patterns I do. What do you think about this material with this pattern?

Image

I got the fabric for $1.18/yd at Hancock's on their clearance table!!! Can't beat that! I think the fabric has a vintage type feel to it that will suit that pattern. Sort of 1940s. I plan on making view C. :)

I have this worked out for c1-

Image

The eyelet for view A and the plaid for view D. I ran it by her and she LOVES it. ;)

I'm trying to think about what types of purses I want to make.... I am really taken with eyelet right now and I think it would make a great purse, I'm just not sure of the type I want to make. LOL D wants zebra print. Maybe zebra and lime green??? She doesn't like pink... GASP!!!!!!! I can't believe I have a girl that doesn't like pink! What is this world coming to??? I checked out some great books at the library about sewing purses so maybe I'll look through those and see if I get any ideas.........

So, what kind of projects are YOU up to????? Comment and let me know! If you have a blog leave the address and I will be sure to check it out!

Image

Check out this weird scrap I ended up with today! Torpedo or fish?? I'll have to find a use for it. LOL




8 comments:

  1. I have just started a retro 50's Mcall pattern!

    http://withoutwarpaint.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Good luck!!! :) I'll go check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingham too! Especially navy blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH!! Now I want some navy blue gingham! LOL I have pink, green and yellow. Now I need some red, blue and purple! Then it will be complete! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved gingham. When I made my daughter's quilt I included pink and purple gingham. She loves it, so I'm thrilled:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love picking our fabric and pairing it with the patterns I hope to make next... sometimes I think just day dreaming about my projects is more fun (and less stressful) than actually making something! I love that pattern that has the 40s feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)