June 11, 2012

Slow Progress - McCall's M4769

It's slow going on the sewing for the past couple of days. With everyone being sick I just haven't had much time. I thought The Hubby and c2 were getting better but this evening they are both feeling worse. I think c2 is on his way to an ear infection. WAH!!!!!

Here's how far I have gotten with the McCall's M4769.
Image

Image

Image

I had to run out and get some more thread and look for a new light bulb for my sewing machine. I went to 3 places and none of them had the type of bulb I need. Looks like I will have to order it. BUT look what I found for $2.30/yd at Hancock's!!!
Image

C1 fell in love with it!! I got 4 yds (all they had) and I think I will use the same pattern I used for her cherry dress AND make her this-

McCall's M6064 - views B and D - the first girl.
M6064

Here is the pattern I used for the cherry dress (with a few alterations ;)) I used the view with the girl in blue.
M6197


A girl can never have too many vintage style dresses! :)





8 comments:

  1. Such LOVELY patterns and fabrics . . . and a lovely model, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much!!! And she just LOVES the modeling! LOL Such a ham! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dresses, what fun to make little girl dresses. Praying for your loved ones to get better. Ear aches are no fun my son was prone to getting them often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!!!!

    Yes, I LOVE to make dresses for her. I wish I had learned to sew long ago so I could have made some for my oldest daughter, too. Maybe one day.... She's 15 so she only wants to wear jeans and t-shirts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really talented! I wish I can sew. I cannot even replace a loose button properly.

    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

    I am having so much fun with it! I wish I had started years ago!!! I have to make up for lost time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your daughter's red and white dress is enchantingly adorable! She is gorgeous! Cute and clever merge of fabric, notions, and style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much!!! I had that dress in my head when I first got my sewing machine. I knew exactly the way I wanted it to be. Thankfully it turned out well. I was so scared the whole time that I would mess it up! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)