June 30, 2012

I'm BAAAAACK....to Sewing!

SHEW!!! It feels SO good to be sewing again!!! I have really missed it this past week!! I haven't gotten very far with the Retro Butterick '47 B5209 but at least it's a start!!
















I can't wait to get this one done!! I think it will end up being my favorite so far!! :)

Oh my goodness! I just realized! It has been more than a WEEK since I have been in a fabric store..... Oh my GOSH!! Am I sick? Someone call a doctor!! I think there's something wrong with me!!! YILES!!!  ;)

There are some great sales going on for McCall's, Vogue and Butterick patterns! All clearance and out-of-print patterns for $1.99!!! And there are some retro/vintage patterns in that! :) Make sure to click on the clearance and out-of-print links instead of the sale link. It was acting sort of wonky last night. :/

I managed to actually read a whole book last week! YAY!! I finally read the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Deadlocked.  It was SOOOO good! I just love that series. But I felt that it ended on sort of a cliffhanger in a way. :/

I am behind on my True Blood viewing. I watched the first episode of this season but haven't had a chance to watch the others. I have to fix that!! LOL Even though the series is SOOO far removed from the books I just can't stop watching! But I do wish they would make MORE of an effort... This season seems to be going even farther away from the books.

OH! I have a better picture of that weird almost entirely white skunk!!



Isn't that weird!! He isn't very afraid of us, either. NOT good! Not good AT ALL!!! We need to figure out a way to discourage him from coming to eat in our yard!!

We had some major storms move through area last night. A lot of people are out of power and the heat is AWFUL!! I hope you all are OK!! We were lucky and managed to keep power and had no damage. SHEW!!!!

We ended VBS last night. My group of little people did SO well with the program!! They managed to remember most of the words and movements to all the songs!! I was so proud of them! There were some moments, though, where I thought we might lose them. LOL They started to get pretty rowdy a time or ten. ;) But they did great. I hope they all come back for Sunday School and church. I'm going to miss them.

So, how are YOU spending the weekend? Working on any cool projects? Reading any great books?? Seen any good movies?? LOL






4 comments:

  1. I read 2 and 1/2 books this month, which is a really slow reading month for me. I got a lot if knitting done, though. It seems to be one or the other, but not both.

    I like the fabric for the new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I know! I can't seem to do both either!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy,
    SO proud your VBS did so well.. Know it is so rewarding and exhausting at the same time.ha Such a blessing to be able to teach it.

    I love the red/white polka dot fabric [one of my favorites]. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Why oh why...did you tell me about the out of print patterns being on sale.eeeh I can't resist..I MUST go and look.hahahha
    I too.love fabric stores and can't resist them.. This year , I have been trying to sew from my stash, and not buy more..But I must confess.........I failed miserably.lol I am going to Hancocks next week.They are having some good sales..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Judy!!

    LOL!! I had a friend say that I was a fabric pusher. I guess she can add pattern pusher to that! LOL I hope you find some great ones!!

    YAY for the Hancock's sale!! I will probably be making a trip there myself! ;) I just can't resist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)