June 7, 2012

YAY!! McCall's M6544

OH!! It turned out SOOOOOO lovely!! I made a couple of adjustments to the pattern and I LOVE how it turned out!!

Image

Image

Check out the pockets!

Image

Image

I think adding the eyelet was a good move.

Here's what the pattern views look like.

M6544

I made the view that the little girl is wearing, view C.  But I added the waist band and made the ruffle longer. The pattern calls for using the seam allowance for the elastic casing but I didn't leave enough for that to be possible! LOL But I like it better with the eyelet anyway. ;) I left off the little bow in the front. I didn't think it needed it and if I added one I think I would go with one the same as the pockets.

Here is what the back looks like.

Line Art

The only view that calls for contrast is D. I think that's a mistake. The contrast works so much better, especially with the gingham. ;)

Over all it was a VERY easy pattern to follow, not confusing in the least. It was fairly quick to put together. I cut it all out the night before last and started sewing it yesterday afternoon with SEVERAL long breaks! LOL If I were to rate the pattern I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. If they added contrast for all views, left off or adjusted the front bow and had the casing for the middle elastic the way *I* did it ;) I would give it 5 out of 5. LOL Small things but I think they make a difference. ;) I will definitely be making this again and trying all the views.

Today I will start on this.

Image

Even though I REALLLLLLLY want to start THIS!! LOL

Image

I am a little intimidated by this one, though.... I have only done buttons once and have never tried a collar like that. Hopefully it won't be too hard to follow and I can learn! ;)

Is it just me or do you think that a lot of patterns are looking more retro or vintage?? Both of the patterns for c1 look very 70's to me. LOL Well, I like it and hope it continues! ;)




46 comments:

  1. So totally cute. You are doing great. I am still looking for the patterns I know I didn't get rid of them unless hubby tossed my box LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!
    And THANK YOU!! LOL
    No rush for the patterns, just take your time. ;) Luckily I hit some sales so I enough to keep me busy for a little while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the eyelet trim/contrast with the gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, it looks lovely on her! You are right, the eyelet made all the difference. I'm going to check out the pattern myself, and I plan to use the pocket detail on something for my granddaughter. I look forward to seeing more of your creations! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! I just had to add the eyelet with the gingham. They just have to be together. LOL
    Have fun sewing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!This is awesome,you have great talent!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly cute outfit on your beautiful model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. blog hopper. Great job! Wish I could sew lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!!
    It's never too late to learn! ;) I just started in March.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is darling.It looks so cute your daughter. I love the contrast and the bow on the
    pocket, is adorable..
    Such a great job sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute summer get-up and your little model is so adorable! Saw you at Show and Tell Friday and I would love if you link-up at link party I am having today
    Have a nice day!

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! Headed over there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one is adorable, too. Forgot to mention how precious your models are!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable jumpsuit! I love the eyelet pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much!! :) Eyelet and gingham just have to be together.. Like PB & J! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!!! I am planning on doing more in different colors of gingham. LOL Just need more eyelet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cuteness! I love gingham, and you're right, that eyelet is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SOOOO CUTE!!! Love the fabric!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That turned out adorable!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you!!! I'm thinking about making a bunch more in different colors of gingham! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!!! I think it's my favorite thing that I have made so far! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute patterns... Thanks so much for sharing....

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those little pockets are THE CUTEST! It turned out great; thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!!!! I was so happy that I added the eyelet in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So adorable!! You did a wonderful job!! Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much!!! I want to go buy gingham in every color to make more! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the gingham and eyelet! It looks wonderful. Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!!! Two of my favorite things! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. The pockets and ruffles are adorable.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you!!! :) I had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Trish @ Mom On TimeoutJune 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM

    Turned out great! So cute and comfy! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you! :) I'm sure I'll be making more of these soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)