June 1, 2012

Retro Butterick '56 Will Be the Death of Me!

Image

SIGH... It has now taken me 2 days to figure that collar out! My goodness!!! GRRR!! The directions in the pattern aren't clear at all. But that's OK... I figured it out. I still need to pick out the threads and do a little tweaking but for now I will be moving on the skirt part! SHEW!!! I should have this finished up tomorrow! YAY!!! It has never taken me this long to sew a dress! LOL

The pattern called for interfacing for the collar and of course I didn't have any so I came up with an alternative. ;) I had just bought a white sheet that I planning to turn into a petticoat. So this is what I did -

Image

I cut it out of the sheet! It worked wonderfully! :)

I promised D that I would show off the cute manicure she did. Tiger stripes!

Image

It was a no-go again on bottle feeding Butch and Sundance this morning but we spent a lot of time holding and loving on them. They are SOOOOO cute. c2 is a little afraid of them, I think. He would touch them but not hold them. I think he will come around, though.

Here are a couple of past projects I have worked on.



My fairy garden!!




It's full of weeds right now. I guess I need to take care of that... Darn lazy fairies! You would think the least they could do is a little weeding after I took the time to make this for them! ;)

Cupcake Soap -



Making soap is a lot of fun. There's so many ways to do it! I haven't made any in a while. More projects for Christmas presents! LOL



My coat rack!! We needed this in a BAD way!! Everyone would just hang their coats on the banister! It was driving me crazy!! LOL



It was very simple to make. I took a plain board and spray painted it almond. After that dried I stick some letters on. Then I went over it with a couple coats of terracotta rose. When it was dry I peeled the letters off. Then I took some 25 cent hooks and spray painted them with the almond. Once dry I had The Hubby help me hand screw them in. All-in-all it took 2 days.

My Harry Potter Nook cover! This was before my sewing machine so it was hand-stitched.



Well, that's it for now! Wish me luck on finishing the dress!! LOL The darn light is still out on my sewing machine. GRR!!!








googled8e75b255bd3b19e.html

11 comments:

  1. It's looking great, Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It's definitely the most complicated thing I have done.SIGH....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress will be worth all the aggravation once it's done, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But think of everything you're LEARNING! :)

    FWIW, I find that retro knitting patterns can. E tricky, too. The pattern writers made a lot of assumptions about what all knitters knew at that point. I've found that I don't always know the "common knowledge" things in those older patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can BE tricky. Be tricky. Danged iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY true! I am learning lots... While also wanting to throw things. LOL ;)
    Yeah, I think some of the things are just assumed in the instructions. But the hardest parts are out of the way now! SHEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFLOL! I knew what you meant! I can barely type on the laptop let alone my phone!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, Stacy! Now time to get that light-bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep... But I am a little afraid to take it apart. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)