June 15, 2012

Pillowcase Dresses

All the pillowcases harmed in the making of this post were thrifted for 50 cents a piece!! These are such simple, easy, fast dresses to make. It takes about 15 -20 minutes to make one of them.




This is the one I made last night. C1 is trying to hide the fudge pop that she dropped down the front of it. LOL



Here's another one.

And now for my FAVORITE!



Not only thrifted but VINTAGE!!! It had a tiny hole in the side so I patched it up and covered it with a gingham and eyelet (<3 <3) pocket! I just love green and pink together!!!

Next up for me is a one hour sundress. McCall's Easy M6074-

M6074

In this fabric -



The fabric is light pink with SPARKLES!!!  Yes, I am a girly girl. I LOVE pink and sparkly things. ;)

A word to the short people out there that might want to make this..... If you are like me, 5' even and you want a LONG dress cut it a little shorter than the 2nd longest view.... LOL Seriously...

So, anyone else think that pattern has a 70s feel to it?? It reminds me so much of the 70s maxi dress patterns that I have seen lately. But maybe that's just me.... ;)

What kind of projects are YOU doing?? Leave a comment and I will check it out! I always follow back. :)





32 comments:

  1. lol I can't sew :( Got a sewing machine and broke it, just couldn't figure it out. I do make tutu's for special occasions tho....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry!!!!! HUGS!!!!
    I was lucky, mine came with a DVD and when I had a question I would call a friend (Thank you, Eileen!!!)
    YAY for tutus!! Everybody loves tutus!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are adorable!
    Just had to tell you how precious C1 looks. Might be that she reminds me of my oldest granddaughter. Slender, willowy and beautiful.
    I have just started following you and am on the way to the "Will" for pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much!!! And she knows it, too... Oh, boy! LOL
    YAY!!! I hope you find LOTS of great deals! :) Let me know what you find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy I love the pink and green. My middle daughter loves the one above the green and pink. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! :)

    LOL!! That's C1's favorite, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come I never look like the models on the pattern envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL!! Me, either...... A LOOOONG way from it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, you're welcome... I still say your sewing machine is possessed, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dresses are really cute... kinda stinks that my C is getting too tall for them... I have to make her pillowcase skirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, MOST definitely!!!!! I was having issues with it last night! SIGH.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these dresses but haven't had time to sew in ages! Very cute though. It's great to "meet" you, I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet I can make one of these. It helps that most of the sewing is mostly done. Now off to the thrift store to find some pillow cases and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!!!
    And thank you, again! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!! They are SUPER easy! The only thing you have to sew is the arm holes and the casing for the ribbon! No uneven hems.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dresses! I wish I could sew :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back on Pinterest. Have a great weekend!
    Bridget-What's cooking in the burbs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!!!! :)
    And thanks for following! I <3 Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! I wouldn't thought it was a pillow case. I can't wait for your upcoming sundress! Thanks for sharing at Passion Parade Link Soiree

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute, thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute and you make it sound easy - maybe I'll give it a go next summer when my baby girl is a bit bigger (she would swim in a pillowcase right now, lol).
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!
    Lizzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you!! They are VERY easy!
    Thanks for returning the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great use of old pillowcases. Love that last one too! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you!!
    I just LOVE vintage linens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing your sewing tutorials at the {what's shakin' link party}!! Love those thrifted pillowcases!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!!! I think I need to make another trip to the thrift store. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing this great post on Saturday Show & Tell @ Cheerios and Lattes last week! :) Hope to see you again this weekend! :)
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)