June 8, 2012

Easy McCall's M5135




Yep, I've been playing with PicMonkey... LOL

Easy is right! LOL It was SUPER easy! Very easy to follow instructions and the pieces went together very well. Except the sleeves... Now, that was probably my fault since I lined the top and it called for bias tape.... Oh, well, I like the lace ties and so does c1! ;)

BUT I am not that crazy about the gauchos... I'm thinking I should have chosen a less busy print for THAT MUCH pant.... LOL Live and learn... LIVE and LEARN! ;)

If I were to rate this one I would give it 5 of 5. It was simple and easy. The only issue I had (besides the sleeves) was that the pattern ink was soooo faded that I could barely make it out in some parts. And I bought it brand new! :/ Not sure what was going on there. If it had been a harder pattern that really could have made a big impact.

Today's my busy day. Pay bills (BLECK) and do the main grocery shopping. Fun, exciting stuff there... Yawn. I also started a swap game over at PaperbackSwap. If you have't stopped in to check the site out, you really should. They have TONS and TONS of books. Even books about crafting and sewing! And if you are a homeschooler PBS is a DREAM resource! I have even found Abeka there! Yes! And Saxon math!!! Seriously!!!

Today is also the day I start on THIS!!! :)

Image

Still a little scared of it, though... ALL those buttons and that collar!! YILES!!!! Heaven help me!

But after that, maybe this??? It looks simple and easy. And yes, it says EASY on the pattern! LOL

M6313

McCall's M6313 - thinking about the dress........

With this fabric????



Not sure.... What do YOU think???

And somewhere along the way I REALLLLLY need to make those purses and pjs..... LOL

I've also been thinking about making another gingham jumpsuit but in green this time! ;)



41 comments:

  1. I love these little out fits!!! How much would you charge to make my kiddo's some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Thanks!!! I'm not quite ready to sell yet but I will let you know when I start!! ;) I've been thinking about starting an Etsy shop in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Glad I found you from Inspiration Friday at the picket fence!
    I love to sew and have just started to get back in to it.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! And YAY for sewing again!!! Have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the gauchos look darling!.....and I really like your fabric choices for them. Am writing that pattern number down to get at the next 99Cent sale on McCall Patterns from the local fabric store........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!! That's what I did! I haven't paid more than $2.99 for a pattern yet! LOL I LOVE the 99 cent sales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I found you thru Passion Parade Friday and am so enjoying your lovely blog!

    Please come visit me when you get a chance ~ I'm hosting my annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY and there is even a little bridal giveaway!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! :) I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no talent for sewing whatsoever.. but I wish I did. I have two little girls and I'd love to make stuff for them. Found you via the blog hop. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your daughters outfit. sooooooooooo cute.. Great job.
    I love your upcoming plans too.. I have made the little dress and pants
    for one of my grandaughters..Turned out so cute [and easy,yea!!]
    I also made the shirt waist dress for myself.. I love,love this pattern.
    The fit is so nice.[ and forgiving for the overweight Maw,ha]. Happysewing.
    Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!
    YAY for it being forgiving... I need A LOT of that... ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute - I love the pink and purple fabric combo on M6313! Good luck on your shirt dress project, I'm sure it'll turn out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alisha @ Crafty Brooklyn Army WifeJune 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM

    Very cute shirt. Stopping by from Cheerios and Latte's linky party. Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try something like this.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was SUPER easy. I had trouble with the sleeves but I think it's because I lined the upper bodice, so I just left the sleeves off! ;) It works. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute, I love the fabric you used

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was drawn to your post because I have a thing for eyelet. I was completely amused when my daughter's now mother in law wore a navy blue eyelet skirt to daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner, and I wore a white eyelet skirt. Great mind think alike. hanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how funny!!!! What are the odds? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are just adorable... Isn't it great to be able to sew for your kids... I love it...

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you!! I have a lot of fun with it and the little ones love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute, and that eyelet fabric is great! Thanks so much for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these dresses are darling, as is the fabric. love your white top too. want to invite you to come share this and participate in our linky party here: http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much!! On my way to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit. Love that dress. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it turned out cute! My last blog was a sewing blog...Last year my goal was to make a project a month and I did more than that. This year has been so crazy I haven't had a chance to to much. This makes me want to get back into the swing of things! I'm following you back. Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much!! And thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!!!
    Fingers crossed that you find the time to sew!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is such a sweet outfit!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you SO much!!! I am definitely thinking about making it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats! You and your cute model were just featured from our All Star Block Party. You can view the post here:
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/06/all-star-block-party-2-features.html

    Shasta @InTheOldRoad

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMGosh!!! YAY!!!! Thank you SO much! :))

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute! I WISH I could sew!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  35. […] week’s most popular project was an awesome eyelet shirt shared by Stacy from Stacy Sews And […]

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)